Tuesday, September 20, 2016

DON’T TAKE THAT TONE WITH ME!


So, sometimes I take things that are mentioned to me and internally construct vehicles of thought that steamroll perception into malleable mulch.  I received many comments from my three and a half faithful followers (If you think you’re the half, you probably are.  Step it up!) about how much they enjoy reading my blog posts.  Thank you!  I love writing these posts.  It’s my outlet; my therapy, and I believe it makes me a better writer.


Now the steamroller.  I know there’s a disconnect between the tone I take in these posts and the one that is evident in Halteres.  Here, I am free.  In Halteres, I feel suppressed by the omniscient third person narrative of science fiction/fantasy.  I’ve lost my voice!



(Whispering now)



It’s alright…alright?  I don’t have to start over, but I gotta get my voice into Halteres.  I thunk about doing the narrative in the first person from the Kynoi’s point of view, since it’s basically the omniscient Atosentient presence in the novel, but that seems like a fustercluck.  No.  I can still work with the current POV; liven it up with interjectications of my heroic humoric sense.



Calm down.  I know when to stop.  Maybe that’s the problem.  I know when to stop, and I usually stop well short.  Just like I always show up to shtuff early.  Maybe I need to start showing up late and not giving a marsopod’s vas deferens about it. 



They say, ‘Write what you know.’  Shut up.  I know a lot of boring crap that nobody wants to read.  I say, ‘Write how you are.’  I’m an a-hole.  I’m a judgmental pecker-butt.  I’m a control psycho (we’ll get to that later).  And I’m not at all sarcastic.  Wait, I’m pretty sure people don’t want to hear that voice for 460-odd pages.  Temper yourself, my child.  There is good in you.  Thanks, Connie (that’s what I just started calling my conscience).  Now…shut up.



You get the point (please be getting the point).  Sorry to be going off on these parenthetic (not pathetic) jackknifed hobo-cars of thought.  I gotta go.  Catch you on the flippity- flop.



Until next time, don’t bother me, I’m toning up my book.
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Connie! Nice to meet you. Couple of marshmellows (marshmallows keeps coming up in spell check but fk that spelling) any how... couple of marshmellows in this blog;
    Shtuff, Pecker-butt and my favorite Fustercluck.
    Going first person is not a bad idea but I am not sure it would be the story you invisioned it to be.
    Good luck Pecker butt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanks! New revisions will be up by the end of the week...end.

    ReplyDelete