Thursday, September 15, 2016

AD BASS ACKWARDS BENGINEERING

Call it splintered intuition.  Call it doubt.  I created Halteres from a nebula of inspiration.  Now the interstellar debris from its gravitational collapse threatens to alter the course of this most cherished of planets.

Do I let Halteres drift into the void of resignation?  No.  Do I allow Halteres to be consumed by the supernova of ignorance?  Hell..NO!  Halteres exists.  It is alive.  It is awake.  It speaks.

Halteres is ever evolving and, as is taught in this discipline, its is not a journey towards perfection, but relentless dominance.  I must persevere; continue to engineer a world that captures the will and overwhelms the senses.

I don't have to start over, but many of Halteres' components need to be calibrated.  I have rewritten chapter one at least six times.  I'm currently rewriting the S.C.A.T.H.E. chapter.  Every time I blog about a character, setting, device, entity, or theme, I go back and verify its consistency in the novel. 

The blueprint is there.  It always has been; in my DNA.  Sometimes, however, the code needs to be changed.  And believe me, with every revision Halteres becomes more BAD ASS!

I'll have the new SC.A.T.H.E. chapter up soon.  Until then, don't bother me.  I'm reverse engineering a book.


2 comments:

  1. "The power is in you. The answer is in you. And you are the answer to all your searches: you are the goal. You are the answer. It's never outside"

    -- Eckhart Tolle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get the answer outside...and into the story.

      Delete