Thursday, September 22, 2016

CONTROL PSYCHO

What?  Why can't people to act and think in manner that suits me?  Why can't everything in my life go the way I planned?  Shut up? 

Never!

So, there are many reasons to be thankful and appreciative for the existence of Halteres.  Yes, it's some Bad Ass Sci Fi.  Yes, it's the culmination of most of the dumb (I mean awesome) ideas I've had my entire life (the rest of my dumb/awesome ideas will be expressed in my next novel: OPPOSABLE).  But super yes, it allows me to be the control psycho I was always meant to be.  It's a vent; a channel.  It's my big, fat, Bad Ass baby!  Believe me, you need this as much as I.

Have I mentioned myself enough in this post yet?  Shh.  Get your own blog.

I think I've put a little of myself in many of Halteres' characters; Nyk, of course, because I'm the Nexus; Drolos, because I'm a wanna be neurotic megalomaniac; Thysia, because I'm looking for a balance between judgement and justice; and even Brims, because I'm sexy as F!  But I guess the character I most need to relate to is the Kynoi.

The Kynoi; an Atosentient (intelligent on an atomic level), bio-ethereal (organic + psionic) entity of immense power seeking to satiate its cosmic super-ego.  We all know the pursuit of perfection is inherently imperfect.  In life, in evolution, in Halteres; this quest if rife with compromise and tribulation.  That's me (except I am but a man).

By the way, you know when I tell you to shut up and don't bother me, I'm just farkin' witcha?

Now shut up, and don't bother me.  I'm manipulating a book.

2 comments:

  1. Holy Shucking Fit! I love the word perfection. It really shows how great and mighty we compare ourselves to the universe. Firstly because it is only a word and a made up concept like infinity. Secondly if there is such a thing a perfection than this is it. Therefor I agree the pursuit of perfection is futile. Or the pursuit of that which has already been pursueded? Reminds me conquering a game, can't remember any off hand, and the running around in the game when everything was killed or conqured. Shut up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect response!
    When I was a child, my mother took me to a carnival. I noticed a booth where they made those cheap customized t-shirts with the iron-on decals. I begged her to buy me one. It was going to make me the coolest kid at school. The front said, 'Pobody's Nerfect', and the back said, 'Well Excuuuse Me!'.
    I nearly got laughed off the playground (after I got my ass kicked). At least it took the attention off the Star Wars figures I always had shoved in my pocket.

    ReplyDelete