Saturday, April 2, 2016

CONFIDENCE VS DELUSION

Hey All,

Halteres is waiting.  This is a science fiction/fantasy juggernaut of cosmic proportions.  A worldbuilding adventure that will captivate you from the very first page and not break its spell until long after you finish.  Get ready to be launched into a world so vividly realized you'll never want to leave.  Prepare to be introduced to characters so fascinating you'll want to invite them to your mom's house for dinner, then do some moonlight larping over a case of Olys (not Olys, but I digress).  Brace yourself for action that will leave your heart palpitating and your mind beaten to a bloody pulp.  Blockade your senses for the worldwide phenomenon that is...Halteres.

Am I overselling it?  Probably.  Am I misrepresenting it?  I don't think so.  I believe in this project.  I really, really believe this is one fantastic novel.  Believe me, I've spent so much time scrutinizing and doubting its merit to know.  It's good.

Yeah, I dream of movie rights and action figures and appearances at Comic-Con and a ranch with a Halteres-shaped mansion.  I also hope I get a reply back from an agent that's not a form rejection.

Of course I have confidence in my project.  I think it's 116,000 words of pure genius.  And yes, I occasionally slip into the realm of delusion, but I'm a true believer in small doses of fantasy.  In fact, that's why I love my novel so much.  It's a big, fat, juicy dose of escapism.  Mmm.

I'm going to stop here.  I know if my posts get to long, my hoards of followers will disengage.

So until the next time: F ; ) k off, I'm writing a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment