Tuesday, March 22, 2016

WRITER'S BLOCK MY ASS

Maybe I'm different, but I don't get writer's block.  I just get lazy.  I know what I want to write.  I know what I want to rewrite.  I think about it 24/7.  If I just get off my ass and get in front of the computer, I'm writing.

Now don't get me wrong.  I'm one lazy mofo, but I know what I want to write.  If I'm working on my story on the computer, I'm pluggin'  I may grind the gears trying to find the right word or phrase.  I might have some difficulty figuring out how I'm going to describe something or finding the right words to express a thought.  But there is no writer's block, just laziness and lack of effort.

Think about it.  You're a writer.  You have an idea.  You write about it.  Done.  Oh, if it were only that easy.  My mind is my worst enemy.  'You don't have to write right now.  That's what the weekends are for.  You're stuff is good enough as it is.  You'll find an agent.  They'd be lucky to have you.'

Well, ain't happened yet.  Until then, I have to write, and rewrite, and submit, and write some more, and submit some more.  Maybe it will never happen, but it will.

Until then, don't bother me, I'm writing a book.

2 comments:

  1. cheese puff marshmallow man. (marshmallow? marshmellow?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cheese puff marshmallow man. (marshmallow? marshmellow?)

    ReplyDelete