Friday, January 22, 2016

NYK

Nyk, why don't you tell the audience a little about yourself?  Then you can answer some of the Proust Character Questionnaire.

Alright.  I guess I'm the main protagonist of the story.  That's what happens when you're conceived during the Syzygy in the Zygote Pools on the Seraphic Mesa by the Fylax.

I know, I'm confused too.  Supposedly, I'm the most powerful Haltierre who has ever existed.  But this power didn't make me a leader.  It made me a pariah.  I didn't mean to garner so much animosity and resentment.  I'm just being myself; my big, awkward, powerful self.  Thank you very much, Kynoi.  Oh, that's the power I yield.  Not seen so strong in an individual since before the times of the Ergae Syn.  Or so I've been told.

My foster mother, Dama, was the only one who kept me from being outright banished from the clan.  Now she's gone.  I miss her, but I carry her with me always.

Questions?

1. My idea of perfect happiness is having my Dama back, and living in synergy with the Haltierre.  Maybe Brims can join me.

2. My greatest fear is never being accepted, and never learning what my true purpose is.

3. The trait I most deplore in myself is my inability to understand and control my power.

4. The trait I most deplore in others is being closed minded and judgmental.

5. The person...living...I most admire is Brims.  I would love to get to know her.  I think she understands my situation.  Why does she keep her distance?

How's that for a start? 

Oh, I'm 14 feet tall.  I weigh 440 pounds.  I have four arms, two short ones coming out of my obliques and two really long ones where you think they might be.  The upper ones each have 'Y' shaped forearms.  They can protract into wings.  I can't fly (yet), but I can glide like a giant flying squirrel.

I live in Astir Espera South, in the deep canyons of Octor Sulcus.  Drop in, but beware of the noctvyl.

No comments:

Post a Comment