Sunday, April 23, 2017

KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THE I

Sorry it's been a while.  There is no excuse.  BUT!

I finished my query AND two page synopsis for Opposable.  I sent it to one agent this evening.  I will continue revising, and adding to, and tying, and binding my manuscript.  IT MUST LIVE!

I'm very excited, even more exciteder than I was with Halteres, mainly because I found my voice, and honored the spirit of Halteres in Opposable. 

I hope you liked the chapters.  There's about 30 more where they came from.

Patton can't wait to share his sad tail with the world.


In the meantime, here's another one of his Sad Tails.  It's really sad.  You'll laugh.


PATTON’S SAD TAILS- THE LYPIROMORONIC GIRL

Leilani’s life was a wreck, barely worth living anymore.  Her yoga instructor had just eloped with her best friend.  They were gone forever.  Now she would have to find a new class.  The cleaning lady didn’t show last week.  Laundry was starting to pile up.  Funds were getting tight.  She wasn’t even sure if she’d be able to afford the trip to the Bahamas this year.  Her therapist tried to take advantage of her again during their last session, but once again, she didn’t try hard enough.  And she was almost certain she was infertile, though she hadn’t had sex with her husband for over twelve days.  Her life sucked.
Zanden was off on business again, organizing muscle car shows in Toledo and Memphis.  He wasn’t very sweet, or very smart, or particularly well bred, but he worked hard, and had a great ass.  They’d been married five years now; met at one of his shows when Leilani’s second husband took her there and left with a NASCAR driver named Wheels.
So there she sat, on the second story deck of their suburban house.  It overlooked the city’s skyline on one side, and the rolling foothills on the other.  A busy freeway and quiet light rail tracks cut through the middle and disappeared between them into the juxtaposition.  Her tormented mind disappeared with them.  Which way would she go; to the city to meet her cultured friends, or to the mountains to meet Jay?  Oh, how she wanted to be Jay…I mean, be with Jay.
The light morning breeze shifts her silky robe over long neglected curves of skin.  She pours herself a healthy dose of Beaujolais and lights up a secret spliff.  Sitting under her retractable awning on a cushioned deck chair, she stares over the panorama into her divergent futures.  She then checks social media on her phone.  Her latest post, a plagiarized inspirational quote, got twenty-four likes in three hours.  An unwarranted smile creeps under her slender, tan face.  People really like her…post.
I’m so bored, I imagine she’s thinking to herself right now.
I’m so bored, I think to myself as I look down her open robe from the roof.  Nice, clean, yearning.  I run my bristled tongue over three sharp, yellow fangs.  The other one’s still missing.  I sharpen my steel claws on the red cedar shingles.  I try to wag my tail with predatory excitement, but it’s dead.  Let’s give it some company.  Time to have some fun.




No comments:

Post a Comment