Sunday, June 5, 2016

THE CURSE OF THE CREATIVE MIND

Don't get me wrong, I love the fact I can write creatively (at least sometimes I feel I can), but there are consequences to my thoughts.  In the end, I must reconcile the fact my mind is my greatest asset, and channel the collateral damage that it inflicts.  If it doesn't sound like I'm writing very clearly right now it's because the resistance is strong; and I'm out of practice.

The following is a short list of traits I must learn to love because they ultimately provide the precarious scaffolding on which I create my Bad Ass Sci Fi.

Emotional Hypersensitivity- Probably one of my most defining qualities.  Basically, I'm too sensitive and I take everything personally.  Odds are, if you comment on this post I'll take it the wrong way, and if you don't comment on this post, I'll take it personally.  Such is my life.  That's why I can't F@*&-ing stand Facebook!  Ah, this is therapeutic in so many ways.

Intense Bouts of Introspection- So if I'm not instinctively worrying about what other people think of me, I'm worrying about what I think of me.  My station in life.  My progress (or lack thereof) on my Bad Ass Sci Fi.  My past.  My future.  It keeps me from engaging in the present.

Random thought of the day:  I don't want to live just to live another day.  I want my days to contribute to the magnificent sculpture of life.  Flamazing!

I'm Easily Distracted- See above.

My Paranoid Panorama- Life is out to get me.  Run away!  No!  Those who do not fight for their lives, become victims of them.

I could go on, but you don't want to hear what I have to say (did I mention negative self talk?).  Anyway, you get the point.  I have to love these crazy little things about me.  They make me who I am.  They will help make me the writer I want to become.  I must go.

Until next time- Stay out of my head, I'm writing a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment