Tuesday, May 10, 2016

BAD ASS SCI FI QUERY REV 11

Hey All,

I know it's been awhile, but I'm still at it.  64 submissions and 25 rejections later, I'm still as determined as ever to become even more BAD ASS.

Here's the latest revision of my query letter.  Let me know what you think.



Dear Agent,

Please allow me introduce you to a planet near the outer rim of imagination.  HALTERES: a conjoined binary system, unique in its structure, unique in its purpose, is the divining rod for creation and creativity.  Halteres is the setting.  It is protagonist.  It is antagonist.  It is conflict, plot and theme.  Its structure holds the construct of its own demise, and with it, the loss of a planet filled with limitless yet unrequited hope.  So, come out of hyperdrive and enter the realm of Halteres, a science fiction/fantasy complete at 120,000 words.  It is the first novel in a series.

The Kynoi; a power that courses through every organism on Halteres, seeks to prove itself to the gods.  It is ready to return and bring with it a new epoch of punctuated equilibrium with extreme prejudice.  But the Kynoi will need help.

Nyk was conceived to be the most powerful being on Halteres.  He is the Nexus through which the Kynoi can return.  There’s no doubt Nyk is the chosen one, but what he’s chosen to do might just destroy the planet. 

Nyk has always been drawn to the secrets Halteres and the Kynoi have set just out of reach.  As he embarks on a journey to discover the true structure of his planet and the nature of his own power, Nyk puts in motion a series of events that will bring Halteres to the brink of bi-global war.  Archon, the Sovereign Architect of Halteres’ dark lobe, is alright with that.  In fact, he’s going to do everything in his power to ensure it.

Nyk is not alone in the Kynoi’s charge.  The Comrades of the Kynoi, a multi-species troupe of gifted misfits from across Halteres, begin to coalesce.  Their sole purpose; to join Nyk and bring forth the Nexus of the Kynoi.  They quickly discover their shared destiny might be a really bad idea.  Does the Kynoi bring enlightenment or eradication?

I was born and live in Denver, Colorado.  I have a B.A. in Biology and Minor in Creative Writing from Drake University.  I work in education and taught high school biology for ten years.  Before that, I worked in the biotech industry for twelve years.  This is my first novel.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Alright 'I'll be back!'  Until then; don't bother me.  I'm writing a book!  (she told me to)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment